Tuesday 27 August 2013

Review ~ Wethering The Storm by Samantha Towle

          


Where to begin, where to begin? Ahhh . . . AWESOME SEQUEL – YOU NEED TO BUY. That ought’a do it!

          Seriously though, wow. I’m a HUGE fan of Jake and Tru and have been waiting in desperate anticipation for Jake to jump back into my hands again. I fell head over heels for the sexy couple in TMS so to say the sequel had big boots to fill is an understatement. So did the boots fit?

          Abso-fuckin-lutely! I mean, DAMN. I had a Storm marathon and decided to re-read The Mighty Storm, going right on in to Wethering the Storm after-wards.

“Taking my hand, he rests it over his T-shirt, over his heart. “You hold this in the palm of your hand. You are the only woman who has ever had it, and ever will. You own me, Tru.” 
          WTS differs wildly from TMS in pace of the story during the first half. The story pretty much picks up right where it left off so we are thrown into the full throng of our happy, loved up couple floating along on a very sexy cloud 9. They are literally leading the perfect, blissful life (whilst f**king like rabbits) - which gets hotter and hotter each and every time, I might add.

“I don’t know who moves first, but suddenly we’re kissing, like we’ve never kissed before. it’s desperate. No tenderness. This is hard, starved-for-each-other kissing.” 

“Do you remember what I said that first night we moved into our new house? What you asked me to say as my vows? It still stands Tru, it will always stand. My love for you is limitless, it knows no bounds. You're in my veins. I bleed you. I belong to you...I always have and I always will. You will always be my June, Tru.” 
          Everything falls right into place and we get caught up in the whole shebang – There was times when I was grinning like an idiot and doing my giddy dance as I read, then quickly checking to make sure no-one was looking. This book WILL have you acting like a fool and loving every minute of it! There are some real, heart-squeezy moments, some crazy ups and downs  but ultimately it’s the raw, un-adulterated passion that you will feel seeping from the pages of this book – that will give you a mega case of the warm-an-fuzzies. TMS also brings real life situations to light, ones that readers can easily relate to.

          Just like TMS, when I wasn’t reading this book, I was at work thinking about it. Jake and Tru were ALWAYS on my mind (and yes, I know they are fictional L) BUT that’s probably for the best because my obsession would get out of hand. I just LOVE Tru! It’s not often at-all for me to say that about a female lead but Tru is the epitome of AWESOME. She has sass, she has fiest, she is damn sexy and some-what a minx. Not to mention her impeccable fashion sense (Girl, I want tips) and rad taste in music, right?! I’ve stood by that since I first met her in TMS.

"When you're in the room, sweetheart, I don't see anyone but you"

          Of course, Jake Wethers. The hottie that knows it. I’m a sucker for a dude rocking tatt’s. A dude rocking tatt’s that plays guitar and sings in a rock band that has a huge penis (ba-ha) and a huge heart to go with it. Well, damn, that’s the perfect man right there. A moment that has always stuck in my mind is from TMS, when he is playing Wicked Game acoustically, unaware Tru is watching. I always see Jake when I hear this song (which I loved before and now WOW).

“Look, I have a huge penis," he states.” 
“You’re hard?” I smile. “Well, you’re hot,” he says with a shrug.” 

          WTS is written in both POV’s which I just adored. We finally get inside that dirty head of Jake’s and I’ve got to tell you, you wouldn’t even know a chick wrote it! Towle, you are GOOD! However, we find Jake is actually quite the sweety. Yep major *sigh* moments coming up.

"I'm not losing you, ever. I know I fuck up regularly, but I can't fuck us up"

          So, where I said the first half is Sexy Cloud 9. The second half, is like slamming on the breaks in a car and face-planting the seat ahead. Prepare to have your heart trampled and have the tissues at the ready. But don’t worry, everything is tied up in a cute little bow and a couple of weddings (and who doesn’t love a wedding)

WARNING: This book will give you the warm and fuzzies, wet panties, idiot face-itis, goosebumps, you will cry like a baby and laugh like a maniac and you WILL fall in love all over again.


ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!


Now go buy yourself some merch over at Samatha Towle's Blog - here

Follow Samantha Towle: Blog
                                      Facebook
Buy Wethering The Storm - UK link
                                           - US link

No comments:

Post a Comment