Friday 19 July 2013

The High Arc: Revitalized

The High Arc – Revitalized
By



Alexa, who spent the last 2 years of her life suffering from a crippling disease, is cured by a potion her grandmother leaves behind before abandoning her. She then finds out her family is descendants of a Vampire race, from Lacal who she inexplicably drawn to whenever he is near. It’s Lacal's job to retrieve Alexa & bring her back to accept her new life. Will she run away from their bond or will she return with him & accept her title as Vampire Queen?

Ramblings....
Well, what can i say. Its an interesting fantasy with a hidden mystery. This is going to be a nice series for readers who like fantasy. It's hard to say what genre this is because there was a lot of elements within the story. Vampires, aliens, potion and portals. I was unsure what direction the book was going to take. 

The beginning of the story was quite slow approaching but it builds up the pilot for the story, once the knight in shining armor appeared the story comes to a turn. Alexa was born with a hidden secret that she didn't know, she just thought she had a series of misfortune happening to her until she meets Lacal. He came with a secret mission. The story basically follows Alexa on a path of self-discovery in the most extreme case possible. 

Do you believe in love in first sight? Well for Alexa and Lacal it definitely was. Their heart and soul is connected , they can feel each other anywhere, they have a connections like a strong electric current every time they together. The unexpected twist made it curious to what was happening. The ending is definitely a cliffhanger, making you think, no whats happening, it was getting interesting. Even though the author gave us a cheeky chapter to the next book it was still a waiting and guessing game. Awakening towards the end. 

If you like fantasy and a curious mind then this is the book for you! 



Our exclusive interview with Jessica Cage! 

Jessica, lovely to meet you. We’re honoured to have you.

    Just to start off, can you tell us a little bit about your previous books?
Previously I have written a short story series entitled Hybrid’s Tale which is still in the process of coming to completion. The first three are available on Kindle and will eventually come to a printed version as well. I love the story, it is a nice twist on the take of the vampire, werewolf, hybrid, story. I tend to like to give a different take on things, in my mind everything can be twisted and turned to create something new. Also I have a novella out which is entitled Let Me Protect You. Currently available on Kindle and will be available in print in the coming week! It is a story of love, and betrayal. I strayed away from the paranormal aspect, which is something I tend to do.  I love the story. It is something I originally wrote while in the 8th grade. Over the years it grew right along with me and I am proud to share it with the world.

The High Arc, Revitalized is out real soon, right?
Yes it’s release date is July 19th, right around the corner!

What influenced you to become a writer?
My son. In some sense I have always been a writer. I spent countless hours journaling as a young girl, but I didn’t decide that it was something I wanted to attempt to share with the world until after I found out about my pregnancy. I wanted to lead by example. When I tell my son to chase his dreams, he will feel more capable of doing so because I have done it as well. Regardless of the outcome, I can say I tried, I put in all my effort and hopefully he will do the same.

On another note, what was the last book you read?
Otherworldly Prophecies written by Natasha Wetzel. She is an indie author and I loved the story. Currently I am reading Empyreal Illusions written by Jake Bonsignore, also an indie author. Lately I have been diving into those indie books more and more, love experiencing something new and fresh. Besides I am an indie author so I have to show support for those who are in the trenches with me.

If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
I would be Claire Danvers from the Morganville Vampires series. I just love her strength and determination, as well as her brains. I feel like she is one of those all around female characters that girls need. She doesn’t just wait for the guys to come save her, she gets down and dirty and gets the job done. She also gets to live with two smoking hot guys!

So, we know that you write Paranormal Fiction, what inspires your supernatural ideas?
I tend to min in Sci-fi with my writings as well as suspense and mystery. I accredit this to Sci-fi Saturdays with my mother and all the old mystery novels my grandmother would let me read. I would steal away with one and get lost in the pages. I feel like my works all incorporate a bit of  bit of suspense as well as (in most cases) the sci-fi/paranormal twist.

Do you have a favourite playlist that inspires your writing? Name a few songs
I cannot say that I do. Stand-up comedy is my inspiration while writing. (Yes, it’s a bit weird.) Comics like Bill Burr, Gary Owen, Whitney Cummings or Jake Johannsen are usually playing in the background of my life. Thank the heavens for Netflix!

When you’re not writing, how do you like to spend your time?
Either being extremely active or extremely lazy. Whichever one I feel like I missed out on the most. Outside of that I like to take a chance to explore other mediums of art, spend time with my family, and catch up on reading.

 What has been your favourite project so far?
So far it has been The High Arc. It has grown so much since I originally began it and I am just extremely excited to get it out into the world and share it with as many people as possible. The story means so much to me and because of it, I have made some amazing new friends and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Can you give us any sneaky hints about what’s next for Jessica Cage?
Well I recently signed on with a publicist who will be hopefully booking some awesome events for me. Revitalized is slated to be in 6 stores and I am gearing up for my first major book signing at Barnes & Noble! Currently I am laying out the plans for Syrinada, the series about the daughter of a siren and a warlock which I will be publishing after the completion of The High Arc Trilogy. 

Thank you Jessica, you have been wonderful, and we have been Booky Ramblings

You can find out more about Jessic Cage on her Facebook page

Look out for the new release, Let Me Protect You on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment