Wednesday 24 July 2013

Fear of Falling by SL Jennings


I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn’t run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn’t the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn’t the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.

“Don’t worry,” he smiled, pulling me into the hard warmth of his chest. “I’ve got you. I’ll always catch you when you fall.”

And just like that, Blaine had staked his claim on the untouched part of me that no living soul had ever moved. He had captured every fear, every reservation, and crushed them in the palm of his inked hand.


Author Disclaimer: Abuse is real- verbal, emotional, physical and sexual. It takes place all around us; it doesn’t discriminate against race or gender, wealth or poverty. It affects us all- those of us who’ve had to live through it, or watch it happen, even those of us who’ve only heard about it. We are all affected. We are all forever changed.

This is not a story for the faint of heart; this is the story of one woman’s very real struggle through a world against her, the people who hurt her, her real life demons and the people who showed her that every gray sky, no matter how dark, has a sun waiting to break through.


***Inspired by true events***


Ramblings . . . 

Its been 24 hours since I have done any reading . . . that's a record for me . . . 24 hours since I finished Fear of Falling . . .  Biggest book hangover since Collide by Gail McHugh!

Where to begin . . . I honestly cannot praise this book enough. Its one of the best books this year and now added to one of my all-time favourites.

We follow the tale of Kami and Blaine. Kami is a troubled chick who has dealt with a tragic childhood and is being haunted into her adult life. Scarring and tainting any relationship she has, stopping her from getting close to anyone around her. I cried for Kami, so many times. I desperately wanted her to find peace and fall safely into Blaine's arms.



"I'm not looking through you, Kami. I'm looking into you. I'm standing here, wondering how the hell a girl so beautiful could hold so much sadness in her gorgeous green eyes"


"I've got you. I'll always catch you when you fall"

Whilst the story is one of tragedy and a tormented soul, its also one of love, courage and raw passion. The journey that ensues to reach the safe place where you feel warmth and hope again. Its a beautiful tragedy and it stole my breath, my tears and still managed to make me drool all over my Kindle . . . my poor Kindle, covered in all my bodily fluids!

"When you are madly in love with me, the only thing you'll regret is not falling sooner"

SWOON

The raw, instant, electrifying chemistry between Kami and Blaine is absolutely magnetic and it sucked me in right at the first chapter. The stolen moments they share amongst the busy hustle of the bar, is just amazing. So real and so pure you can feel it seeping from the pages.

That goes without saying Blaine is HOT stuff! You should all know by now, Im a sucker for a tatted, shaggy haired hotty! I cant help myself. I like men, I do, but I even found myself attracted to Kami! What a beautiful, strong, sexy woman. Despite all she has gone through and her constant struggle to deal her pain and fears, she is a badass chick with a huge heart buried beneath all the anguish. 

"Hey, roadrunner, where'd you go?" 

I was in tears through so many parts of this book and often found myself with my hand grabbing at my face to stop the howling falling from my mouth. The shit Kami goes through is so sad, you want to jump right into the pages and safe her from the torment. Sadly, as SL Jennings warns in her disclaimer, this is a sad truth of what happens in the real world all around us. You just have to hang in there with Kami and fight for love.




I could carry on and on for pages and pages but I dont want to stop you from falling in love with this book yourself and honestly, no words could do this book justice!

Electrifying, emotional, passionate, tender,tragic, raw, intense . . . Aghh!! Too much to say, I cant possibly sum it up! BUY IT HERE!

It will be the best thing you do!

The easiest five stars I have ever given

SL Jennings, you are a genius




No comments:

Post a Comment